Thursday, December 24, 2009

Final ulatrasound

Sorry no pics for this post......


We had our fifth & last ultrasound yesterday. Benjamin still looks great, all his measurements are good, amniotic fluid is good, the placenta is in a good place & this all makes me happy. My DR says he is only measuring to be about 5 1/2 to 6 pounds, I still think he will be much bigger but we will have to wait & see.

Just one week to go!! It's hard to believe that at this time next week I will be checking in at the hospital & patiently awaiting the arrival of my little one, we go into the operating room at 9 am.

This pregnancy has actually gone by much faster than I thought it would, especially these last few months, funny because with all my other pregnancies the last month took forever! I think with working & the holidays & just so much other stuff going on has helped.

Yesterday was my last day of work, I am officially on "maternity leave"! It was a bittersweet week, having to say my goodbyes to so many people. It was hard telling some of my patients goodbye, not knowing if I will see them again in 3months when I return to work. That is one of the downfalls of working for Hospice, we just never know when someone is going to decline & pass away. It was also hard saying goodbye to my coworkers, I know I will see many of them on a pretty regular basis, especially my "team" who I am very close to. I had so many people tell me to make sure & bring the baby by & had one of our very humorous employees worded it in a funny way. He tells me "in a few weeks you need to come by with some evidence". LOL I have never heard of a baby being referred to as evidence but I promised I would.

I finally got most of our presents wrapped, I stayed up half the night doing it & will finish up tonight. I absolutely love Christmas but I have to say I haven't been into it this year. The biggest reason being that I love to cook & bake & share it with those I love but since I can't have any of it I have not cracked my holiday cookbooks open this year. I do have lots of baking plans in the weeks to come & have had many many requests. I also didn't put out very many decorations this year, we have our tree up & some outdoor lights & a few little things around the house but I wanted to keep it simple. My other reason is just that I have been so stinkin busy , so much going on & trying to get everything done before Benjamin comes. I am hoping that after tomorrow I will be able to finish everything since Christmas will be over & I don't have to work. Plus David will be home with me for a couple of days before we go to the hospital. Next year will be much better & regardless of how I am feeling right now about things, the most important thing is being with my family, that's all that matters.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: