Friday, September 19, 2008

our week

So before I knew it another week has snuck by. I have got to get myself organized again. It seems like I just have so much to do lately and , never any time to do things I want.There are a million of them, including blogging & blog surfing, I love to read what other people post!

MICHAEL & JAIME
Here is a little bit about how our week has been. Michael got a phone call back from city market and that didn't pan out for him, he went to see the administrator at the nursing home & she was not in & he never did hear from her so that didn't pan out either. The good news is that he went on a tour at the UPS facility here & they called and had him fill out an application, then called again to have him give some more info & called once again this morning asking him to come out this afternoon to fill out paperwork (with human resources) like I9 & W4 (or is it W2, I always get them confused), etc. So it looks like he is going to be working for UPS starting Monday morning!! Jaime went through orientation the last 2 days at the nursing home and starts her first shift tonight (she is gonna work 12hr shifts all weekend, overnight). She is excited about having a job but not exactly thrilled to be working nights but hopefully it will be temporary. Weekend, night shifts are the highest paying shifts so she can make some money fast. Their kids are all still doing good, even Lizzy. She missed school on Monday cuz she was sick but the rest of the week seems to have gone better for her.


JJ

Tuesday JJ came over for dinner. His birthday is next Tuesday but he wasn't sure if he would be in town or not so since he was here for a few days I told him I would make him dinner. It had been almost 2 whole months since I saw him. He has been so busy with his work, traveling all over the USA, back & forth from one end to the other. I made him chicken enchiladas, that seems to be a favorite in our family, he missed the last several times I have made them. For dessert, he wanted K bars, which my mom usually makes for him but she has been on vacation so I made em (my first time believe it or not) and they turned out great!!

TY & HAILEY"S GRANDPA
Ty and Hailey's grandpa is doing better. It has been a rough week for him, there are a lot of things going on with him but last night I took Ty up to the hospital & I went in to see him and he looks like he is doing OK. Earlier in the week he was unable to move his leggs, last night he walked a few steps from his wheel chair to his bed. He is having a little trouble with his vision and comprehension but hopefully that will get better with time. There are several other things that the doctors are concerned about, his health isn't real good but I guess he will just have to take it a day at a time & hopefully he does what the docs tell him. Ty stayed the night with him at the hospital last night, Rene' had told me that when Frankie is grumpy or not wanting to do what they ask him to, Ty is the one person who has a calming effect on Frankie. I thought that was pretty special.




MY PHONE
I FINALLY got my new phone yesterday afternoon, it was a long 8 days without it. I have been texting like crazy today, just to catch up,lol. The only bad part about this is that they were unable to retrieve ANY information from my old phone. So I lost all of my contact info, my pics, ringtones....man I am bummed about this. But there is nothing I can do so I guess I need to just get over it. At least I was able to dump the "ghetto" phone,LOL!! My new phone isn't anything real fancy but it works & it will serve its purpose.
DANIEL
We haven't got another letter from Daniel yet but we realize that his days are most likely overwhelming & any free time he has to write letters is probably devoted to writing to his wife & son. We have been sending a letter a day, filled with encouraging words to him, reminding him how supportive we are & just filling him in on our daily lives. Hopefully he is receiving them & enjoying them

US
David is at work right now, he left at 3:30 this morning and he is still at it, gonna be busy all weekend. I miss him when he's gone so much but it is always nice when he gets his paycheck loaded with OVERTIME!! The kids were out of school today so I had a houseful. My 3 plus Holly's 3 plus Mike & Jaime's 4. Thank goodness Mike & Jaime were here to help out.

I think everything else is alright for us right now. the kids are good, we are good.....all is good.

No comments: