Friday, July 31, 2009

another month has gone by

Well another month has passed & I have been horrible about blogging. I am feeling so much better these days, after 7-8 weeks of constant nausea and a lot of vomiting, I just woke up one day and it was gone. I still get nauseated from time to time but am able to actually eat some real food rather than just toast, crackers, light stuff, etc. My family is very happy about this as well. During the time I wasn't feeling well I wasn't cooking or cleaning at all. I would go to work, come home & go to bed & I spent my days off mostly in bed. David was wonderful about this, he was cooking & between him & the kids they were keeping the house picked up. He also was going to the grocery store for me & this is saying a lot because he hates going to the store. I had such a hard time dealing with the smells in the store, I wasn't able to go unless I absolutely had to. I'm still feeling very tired but I can handle that. Things are looking good with the baby & I do have some pictures from my first ultrasound, I've just been to lazy to scan them. We will have another ultrasound on September 4th & hopefully we will find out the gender:) We will be happy with either. The kids are funny about this however. Ty wants a boy, Hailey wants a girl & Kaden keeps telling us he only wants a brother but they all understand that it has already been determined and we will get whatever we get.


The 4th of July
We didn't go to watch the fireworks show, David & I both really didn't want to deal with the swarms of people. Ty & Hailey had gone camping with their dad for the weekend so we just picked up a box of fireworks & did them at home.

Kaden thought it was great but we had to keep after him to stay back, as soon as one was done he kept running over to it. We didn't do much but we had a nice night.
David left on the 10th of July to go see his brother, Daniel in Washington. I really wanted to go but at the time we were looking at plane tickets I still wasn't feeling good & the thought of traveling anywhere for any reason did not appeal to me. Also for David & I to go somewhere just the 2 of us takes a lot work. We have to make arrangements for the kids & the dogs & it can be a lot of work. So David made this trip on his own & I missed him every minute we were apart. He had a good time & it was a short trip, the 2nd day he was there he got sick (I think it was the altitude & humidity) but he was grateful to have this time with his brother.

these pics are some he took while he was there




this is a pic of a jelly fish, it's kinda hard to see but that's what it is
I was so happy when he got home, it was the night before my birthday & that was the best birthday present! On my birthday we both had to work, we went out to dinner at dos hombres that night and then 2 days later we went to my dad & barbs for a BBQ. That was nice, we had steak & salad & frenchbread. My mom, Holly & her kids, JJ & my step bro Brian were all there.

Kaden & Elle were being silly with these glasses



JJ was in town that week because he had a show in colorado springs at the end of the week. The day he got here I was giving him a ride & I started talking about when we go to Vegas for he & Jodi's wedding. He said "about that", I was like what? Well he tells me they aren't getting married this fall they are going to wait until next year. I asked him why & he says well money & Jodi doesn't want to walk down the isle pregnant. Yes you read that right, they are going to have a baby! This is so cool, Holly is having a baby in Aug. we are having one in Jan & now they are having one in Feb. So maybe they are doing it a little backwards but it happens, no big deal. I did it too.
this is a pic of their 1st ultrasound


My mom, Hailey, Kaden & I drove to Colorado Springs for JJ's show. It was in the middle of the downtown area at an event for the "Pikes Peak hill climb" We had a good time, it was a quick trip, we came back the next day but I was glad to see another one of his crazy shows. I got some video clips but I need to have David install something on the computer so we can view them. I will try to post some later.


Over by where we parked this building had these GIANT paper clips, the kids were trying to climb up them


here are a couple of pics of JJ in the air. I didn't get any of him flipping but I did get some video of it


So this is some of the excitement we have had for the month of July. Now we are going into August & it's once again time to get ready for school. I am trying to be better about posting. Last year I feel like I posted every week & this year it's been hit & miss, I'm gonna work on it. I promise!

No comments: