They didn't arrive until a little after 3am saturday & I stayed up waiting for them. Once they arrived however I went to bed. I had to get up early for Hailey's first soccer game of the season. She did good & was extra excited because David was able to go. He always works on saturdays but took today off so we could celebrate his birthday with our company.
After the game we went to the store & got some drinks & sandwich stuff then headed home to get ready to go out to Island Acres. I think all of the kids had a ball out there, we hardly saw them while we were there, they were all in the water practically the whole time. It was the perfect way to spend this hot August day, better than sitting at the house all day.
I only got a few pics of the kids while we were there but you can clearly see how much fun they are having.
I left before everyone else so I could go home & make all the food for the birthday party we had that evening. I made chicken enchiladas, beans & rice for dinner. For dessert I of course made chocolate cake & per David's request I made him the pie I had made for Holly last year on her birthday. My mom made my birthday cake, it was a little over a month late but that's ok since I was still not feeling super hot on my birthday. My dad & Barb, my mom, Holly & her kids & all of our company were there. One of Ty's good friends, Aaron came over as well. The kids & I had bought David an acoustic guitar for his birthday. He has been wanting one & it just so happens that Aaron is a really good guitar player so he has been teaching David a few things. He brought his electric guitar & played a little for everyone.
The pic below is of David playing around with Aarons electric guitar & Aaron playing with Davids acoustic

This is a pic of David with his sis Melissa
These are Melissa's 3 children.....Jordan, Chandler & Brendan


And David with his sis Heather
Heather's 3 children..... Shawn, Alannah, Casey


It was a great weekend & it really made Davids birthday extra special to have his sisters & niece & nephews here. We miss you guys already & hope it isn't such a long time before we see you all again!

No comments:
Post a Comment