Monday, March 16, 2009

Standin' on a corner in Winslow Arizona...

My kids were on "spring break" this last week so we went down to Winslow to visit my Grandparents and some cousins. Ty wanted to stay home so he could work some extra hours but after much discussion, begging,pleading and more begging he gave in and came with us. I would have liked for David to come too but he is saving his PTO for in the fall when he goes on 2 separate hunting trips. Thats right I said 2 but that will be a whole other post one of these days. Also he may need to take some days off for JJ & Jodi's wedding & when we get a better idea of when his brother is leaving for Iraq he wants to go see him too.

My grandads birthday just happened to fall on the day after we arrived so we made all kinds of goodies & Brandi & I made chicken tacos for everyone.....yummy! All the kids sang "happy birthday" to him & then helped take the candles out.
The 3 youngest who were there, cuddling with grandad
Cousin Josh's in ground trampoline, he dug a huge hole in the ground & set the trampoline in there. He did some stuff to keep it sturdy & in place. It was cool cuz the kids could just run and start jumping once they got on. Kaden didn't like it too much, he kept saying its too little (I think he meant it's too low) he is used to jumping on regular above ground trampolines.Kaden & Kassidy holding some of ally's puppies
Tyler contemplating how he is going to smuggle this little cutie home
Some of the kids playing cards. I think Ty really had a fun time. They sat at the table for a long while & played


The last night we were there my grandma took us all out to the pizza parlour. Josh & Susie, thier kids & Brandi, Billy & their kids all came with us. The kids had a ball.

The 3 musketeers. Kaden, Autumn & Kassidy
Hailey playing a little Mrs. pacman
Ty & my grammy
Brandi & Billy playing a very intense/competitive game of air hockey. All the kids were gathered around.
I wish I could go down to visit more often. I miss them all so much & even if we don't go anywhere or do anything while we are down there, we always enjoy the time we get to spend with all of them. This trip we didn't get to visit with all the people I intended on seeing but we did get to visit with my cousin Ben & his family, this is the first time I got to see their little girl in person & she is precious.

No comments: