Sunday, October 11, 2009

Corn maze & pumpkin patch

Brandi wanted me to think of something fairly inexpensive yet entertaining to do while she was here. It wasn't hard it was just a little difficult to work around things that Holly & I already had going on with our kids. So my idea was to go to one of the local corn mazes. We went around 6:30/7:00 in the evening and when we actually started our tour it got dark. None of us brought a flashlight, we ended up separating into 2 different groups.Brandi & I had all the girls & we ended up getting lost a few times, trying to find our way with the light of our cell phones & eventually just cutting through some of the corn stalks after going in circles multiple times. We had a blast & the kids all seemed to enjoy themselves. After we got out of the maze Brandi decided she wanted to go through the pumpkin patch & get pumpkins for her girls to take home. What a chore that was! Again no flashlights, just light via cellphones and we were a ways away from the parking lot & didn't think to grab a wagon to carry the pumpkins in. But the girls got pumkins & I got tired!


They had a little "petting zoo" at the beginning of the property. this is one of the only pics of the animals I got, again having trouble with my camera.here are a few of the pumpkins, there were literally hundreds throughout the pumpkin patch
Brandi & her girls minus Summer, she wasn't able to come which made us all sad
Holly & her family minus Mateo, he was much too little for this so he stayed with grandma & greatgrandma
Me & my family, minus David & Ty, David was working & Ty had plans with his friends
The entrance to the cornmaze, I wish I would have kept the map but I tossed it when we were done without even thinking. They also had an aerial pic of the maze where you paid, the design was a scarecrow & it was absolutely enormous. We probably barely went through a third of it.
The next few pics are from this morning when we all went to my moms to say our goodbyes. I'm so happy that they got to come visit even though it was too short. I am planning on going down to stay with grandma for a few days after the baby is born. Can't wait till then!

me & grandma
Grandma holding her newest great grandbaby, Mateo
Great grandma surrounded by some of her grandchildren & great grandchildren
Brandi & Mateo
Kiersten, Hailey & Mateo

No comments: