Well I have a bit to update about the pregnancy. After I finally got over the "morning sickness" phase I was feeling alright, just a little tired but very happy to be able to eat without feeling like I would get sick.
Well I went in for my 1 hour glucose test on Oct16th & got the results back on Kadens birthday, they weren't what I had hoped for. It was high but I wasn't too surprised since I had gd (gestational diabetes) with both Hailey & Kaden. So my doctor had me start checking my bg (blood glucose) 4 times a day & I really started watching what I am eating. I went in the following week & unfortunately I was having trouble with my numbers being to high. I met with a dietician that afternoon & she gave me some advice & a better diet plan to follow. I returned to the doctor the following week & although what the dietician told me was helping, it wasn't helping enough. On top of this I was measuring "big" for where I am in the pregnancy even though I have only gained just over 4lb total.
So my doctor did another ultrasound just to make sure the baby isn't huge. That is another thing I did when I was pregnant with Kaden, I measured big through the entire 3rd trimester, ended up that I had a condition called Polyhydramnios, I had too much amniotic fluid but it wasn't discovered until he was delivered & my doctor told me he had never seen so much amniotic fluid for a "single" pregnancy.
So with this ultrasound the baby was measuring right where he should be (just about 4lb) & my amniotic fluid looks good, the only thing I can figure for why my belly is measuring big is that I am a big girl & had a little extra "tummy" to begin with, LOL! With the results of the ultrasound my doctor said she isn't worried but we will keep an eye on it, by the way she said he is still a boy, which is a good thing since we have begun to buy a few things & have already named him. My doctor did start me on a medication called Glyburide to help control my bg's, I took this while pregnant with Kaden & it made a difference, and it has helped tremendously so far with this one. The part about taking it that sucks is I have to go in 2 times a week for NST's (non stress test) which is where they hook you up to the monitor for 20-30 min to track contractions (I'm not having any) & track the baby's heartrate & movement. So far everything looks good with the NST's. I will be having 2 more ultrasounds, one on Dec 3rd & the other on either Dec 23rd or 28th, I don't remember which. Other than this everything is going really well, other than being tired all the time but I am still working 40 hrs a week plus trying to take care of things at home. And I have a major serious case of pregnancy scatterbrain syndrome, I'm not kidding its bad, if I don't write things down or put them in my calender on my blackberry, I forget.
Another thing that really sucks about all of this is I can't eat what I am craving. Hello, I'm pregnant! Yes I crave ice cream in the middle of the night, amongst other things but for the health & safety of my baby I cannot indulge. Well I can have like 1/2 a cup of ice cream but that wouldn't be sufficient so I would rather not tempt myself. After the baby is born I have a list of things that I plan to enjoy:) including lots of ice cream, hot french bread, lots of mexican food, my "foofoo" coffee drinks and many other things that would cause my bg's to go sky high at this point. I am not going to be as "into" the holidays this year, no cooking or baking will be done by me. If I can't enjoy it I have no desire to make it, too much temptation.
I mentioned above that we have named our little one, his name is Benjamin. David & I have tossed around a lot of names over the last several months & just couldn't agree on one until he said the name Benjamin & I was like I actually like that name. So there you have it.
A piece of really good news.......
about 2 weeks ago we got to schedule our C-section!! It is set for Dec 31st, we have to check into the hospital at 7am & will head into the OR at 9am. It is such a great feeling to know when this is going to happen, it really helps with getting stuff done & planning things. I'm just glad that we got so much notice. It seems like with Kaden we only knew about 3 weeks in advance. This time we found out about 8 1/2 weeks early. I am so excited & can't wait. It is only 6 1/2 weeks away & we do have a ton of stuff to do between now & then & with the holidays in the middle of it all I have a feeling it is going to fly by. So I am trying to motivate so I can start working on our "to do" list.

No comments:
Post a Comment