Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break


For spring break, we went to Arizona again. I had wanted to make a trip down to see my grandparents & some other extended family before I returned to work. David, Hailey, Kaden & Benji all came but Ty stayed home because he was wanting to work some extra hours since he was out of school for the week. We ended up being there for my grandfathers birthday, just like last year, some of my cousins & I made a really nice "turkey" dinner & lots of goodies to go with it.

Here is a picture of my grandfather
My uncle Tim & DeDe
My Grandma, holding Benji
David with Joshes dog, Jack. He was trying to find a way to smuggle this dog home
David with Jack & Tinkerbelle
Josh & Susie's daughter, Autumn
and their son Austin
Brandi's daughter, Summer
And daughter kassidy

my aunt Darnel holding Benji
my uncle Tom holding Benji & his grandaughter Elizabeth
We stayed in a hotel this time since my cousin Josh & his family were living at my grandparents house. Of course we had to get one with a pool. David took our kids swimming several times & even took some of the cousins one evening. Brandi came one might when all the kids were there & her & summer took Benji in the Jaccuzi. It wasn't too warm 7 the pool was way too cold. Benji loved it, he loves the water anyhow. Here are a few pics from the pool....

Austin hanging from the bar
Kassidy with a big smile
Kaden & daddy
here's Summer holding Benji

We had such a nice time, I think David even enjoyed it. The last time he went with us for the last family reunion & there were so many people I think it was overwhelming for him. I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see but that wasn't necessarily my fault. The way I see it, we drove 8hours to get there & people could have drove the little bit (5 min to 1 1/2 hours away) it would take to come see us at grandmas house.

The kids & I are going back down at the end of June. Hailey is going to stay with Brandi for a couple of weeks & then hopefully if things work out, Brandi & her girls will come up here for a few days.

Here are some pics I took while we were driving in the truck to & from

No comments: