Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas cookie tradition

Every year in the month of December, I make a TON of goodies. The main one being sugar cookies, I always have Holly's kids over to help decorate them. This year I didn't make any fudge, with all the storms we have had, the humidity has been too high (& yes the humidity does effect how the fudge turns out). I did however make chocolate covered coconut & peanut butter balls. They are so yummy! The coconut ones taste like mounds candy bars & the peanut butter ones taste like reeses peanut butter cups (my favorite :). They are super messy to make so this is one thing that the kids don't get to help with. Generally I come up with other things to make but this year I was a little short on time and honestly the cost of baking supplies has gone up in the last year.


Below are all of my little helpers.....



Ty even helped out, actually he probably munched on more cookies than he decorated but I'm glad he at least participated.With all of these goodies I made "goody trays" for some of our local friends & family.

No comments: