Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The end of another great year....

WOW!! it's crazy to think that another year has snuck by us. Where does the time go? It seems as though the older you get the faster it goes by. 2008 has been a GREAT year for us, there are many things that I am happy about and thankful for.....

1. My 3 children, they are all beautiful, wonderful and for the most part pretty well behaved. They each have their moments when they are total BRATS but what kid doesn't? I could go on about each of them but I can brag about them in my other posts, I already do:)

2. My husband, he is awesome, he works hard and sacrifices a lot so that the kids and I have the things we want and need. He is so loving and caring and willing to look past my flaws and he loves me for me.

3.Our health, my job has really opened my eyes and taught me to appreciate my family and our health. I have seen so many family's have their lives shattered because of health issues and terminal diagnosis'. It's heartbreaking! I'm also thankful we have health insurance, it's financially stressful to pay the premiums but we manage. I would hate to be without it!

4. Our jobs, David and I both are very fortunate to have jobs that we actually like and to work for companies that treat us well. David will be at his job for 2 years on Jan.20th and my 2 years is in April. There are so many people out there who either don't have a job or work a job they absolutely hate. So I'm glad that we are where we are. We don't necessarily make a whole lot of money but it is enough to pay our bills and buy some of the things we WANT. We do alright:)

5. Our Home, it's not a fancy mansion but it is ours and it is pretty darn nice. I'm glad we have as much space as we do and we have a BIG yard for the kids to play in. I'm just grateful that we have a roof over our heads and the means to pay for it. It is so sad to see all of the homeless people just here in the valley, I know it is a major problem across the country and throughout the world.

6.Our vehicles, again they are not anything fancy but they run good and get us where we need to go, they are insured and they aren't bad looking either.We still owe on both of them but again(grateful) we have the means to pay. I'm liking the gas prices right now, I fear they will go up again but somehow we will manage.

7.Extended family, between us we have a lot of family. I'm thankful to have them all and especially thankful to the ones we are in touch with and talk to frequently. We have a lot of special people who love us.

8. My mom, yes she falls into the previous number but I don't know what we would do with out her. She is so selfless, always willing to do anything for her children & grandchildren. She is the BEST!

9. Holly, I don't know what I would do without her either. She helps us out with Kaden a lot to help us avoid daycare. Actually she & I have swapped babysitting for the last several years. I wish her & I could spend more "sister" time together but it is hard with 6 kids between us, most times we end up doing kid friendly sister time.

There are so many other things that I am thankful for these were the major ones. here are a few things that we got to do this past year...

Our trip to Vegas, David and I went to Vegas in March 2007 & again in March2008, we have decided to make this a tradition, we don't mind if we have company with us but it is important that it is adults only. I think all married couples deserve a little time away to reconnect and just spend "alone" time together.

Hailey, Kaden & I went to see grandma & granddad Brown in Arizona in May. That was a nice trip, very peaceful & enjoyable. We got to see some of my aunts, uncles and cousins. Didn't have anything major planned and that's what made it so great, it was relaxing. I miss my grandparents and am hoping to make a trip down next spring.

We also made a trip to Big Piney, WY. to visit David's oldest sister. This was the first time I met her and it was another relaxing trip. Hailey & Kaden had a ton of fun and it meant a lot for David to see Sharon again. We would like to go see them again but we will have to see what the next year brings us.

Davids brother Daniel, his wife Courtney & their son Wyatt came to see us in March, it was a short visit but we had fun. Then at the end of June Daniel & Wyatt came to visit us again, they stayed for about 10 days this time. It was good for David to have Daniel here, they got to spend some time together before Daniel left for boot camp in August.

David got to go hunting, this wasn't his first hunting trip but it was his first since we have been together and his first here in Colorado. Although he didn't come home with anything he did have fun and that makes me happy.

Just a few weeks ago, David & I went to Georgia, that was a special trip. To see all the military personal was amazing and to be there to support Daniel meant the world to David. We are planning on going to see Daniel in a few months. He is now stationed in Ft.Lewis, WA.

I have a lot of wonderful memories of this past year and I can only hope that this next year will be as wonderful.

No comments: