At the beginning of November our "house guests" (if thats what you want to call them) left and went back to Wyoming. We did our best to help them get on their feet & better their lives but it just didn't work out and that is fine. I had to do some serious cleaning & disinfecting & lots of work just to get my house back in order after they left but things are all good now. I have come to the conclusion that I can be too nice person & sometimes I try too hard to change people (or their ways) when they don't want to change. So unfortunately David & I had to learn a valuable lesson in all of this..... That some people (even family) will take advantage of you if you let them. . This is precisely what happened.I could go into detail but I wont so that's enough about that.
Our Thanksgiving was YUMMY! We had a great day aside from the cold rain that was drizzling down all day long. We all went to Holly's house and had quite a feast. Holly cooked the turkey & gravy (& rolls from texas roadhouse:)), dad & Barb brought potato boats (twice baked potatos), mom & Joe brought broccoli casserole, pumpkin roll & pecan pie and I made a relish tray, bacon stuffing & brownie bottom cheesecake. Of course we all ate till we couldn't breath! My dad's sister, Aunt Geri, came over from Denver to spend about a week here in the valley. It was nice to visit with her.
So that is some of what we have been up to and more, somehow an entire month got away from me, I hate it when that happens!!
This picture is one I got of Holly with the kids (except Ty).

No comments:
Post a Comment