Ok, I wasn't really planning to post my "new years resolutions". But I have been thinking about it and nothing I'm going to post here is anything that will be out of reach for me to accomplish and if I have them here maybe I will feel the need to hold myself more accountable. So here goes....
1. Spend more time together as a family, this will most likely be one of the harder ones for us, not cuz we don't want to spend time together but cuz of our work schedules. To avoid daycare expenses David and I work opposite days and with his job there are no set hours so it is hard to plan things ahead of time (like going out for dinner) unless one of us takes a day off. It seems like the only time we are all together is vacation time and sometimes on David's days off if I get off work at a decent time. We will work on this...
2.Do more with my kids, this kind of ties in with the first one but it is more for me. Like on my days off I want to give more of my time to them. It seems like every week I spend a good portion of my days off doing laundry, cleaning, paying bills, running errands, shopping, etc. and I am exhausted! So much that we spend a lot of time just hanging out around the house. I have a few ideas I'm working on to eliminate some of this from resting on my shoulders , like a "chore list" that will more evenly distribute some of these chores amongst the rest of the family.
3.Read more, last year this was also one of my "nyr" and I actually stuck to it. I have always enjoyed reading but it seems like the last several years I wasn't finding the time to do much of it. Well last year I wanted to try to read at least 2 books a month for the whole year! I passed that BIG time. I read 57 books and listened to 11 books on CD, woohoo!! I don't necessarily want to pass that or "beat" it but I do want to continue. So far I'm doing good, already read the first book in the "twilight" series and gonna start the 2nd one tonight or tomorrow! And its only January 2nd!
4.Crochet, when I lived in Wyoming I learned how to crochet, thanks to my mom who tried to teach me when I was younger (didn't care for it then). She sent me some books and answered a lot of my questions over the phone. I only crocheted for about a year, I made a lot of little things and made 6 afghans. Then I stopped and haven't really touched it since Hailey was 2, she's 9 now and I would like to start again, I have boxes and boxes of yarn (I got most of it on sale).
5.Date night at least once a month, David & I rarely go out just the two of us. The last time we went to the movies together, just us was in septmeber... of 2007 and he was on call that night and as luck would have it he got called half way into the movie, we got readmission tickets but we haven't had a chance to use them. Thank goodness they don't expire!! We have had a couple of dinner dates but it is such a hassle to find a babysitter (Ty does it for us sometimes) and we usually feel rushed to get home. But all that is about to change!
6. Take dance lessons, this is for David & I to do as a couple. I want to learn how to do it all.... the ChaCha, Waltz, Tango, etc. I asked David if I were to find a place to take lessons would he go with me and the answer was..... YES!! I didn't expect him to agree so easily but I'm glad he did! I just need to get to work finding a place & saving up the money so we can do it!
7. Be more organized, wish me luck with this one!! I am such a pack rat/clutter bug (call me what you will), I really try to get rid of things and limit the "junk" that I keep but it is hard. I guess my big thing about this one is I really want to "declutter" my house. It seems like I just have so many un-necessary items sitting around, a lot of it ends up in the trash but I just need to find the time to go through and organize things.
8. Become a healthier person, I'm not gonna say"I'm gonna lose 50 pounds this year" or some silly nonsense that is not likely going to happen. I know I'm overweight but thats my problem, not anyone elses. And honestly I don't like stressing out about it, I'm happy and my hubby loves me so there you go. I do want to get my family into the habit of eating healthier and find some activities that we can all enjoy together. That is all I'm going to say about that.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment