Hailey is 9 and she is actually a pretty smart little girl. But she can also be naive at times and it cracks me up.
Last weekend she tells me mom next week there is a lot of history. I said yes there is. She says on Monday there is old history cuz it's Martin Luther King day, then on Tuesday its new history cuz we are gonna get our first black president! I said yes your right. The Naive part? Hailey asks me is he gonna be president of the whole world cuz that's a big job. So I had to explain to her about countries and nations. I'm not sure if she fully grasps it but I'm sure she will over time.
Another thing She said that crackes me up.... Hailey had a dentist appointment this past friday for her cleaning/checkup. Afterwards as we are driving away she tells me, mom whe I grow up I'm gonna go get my teeth cleaned every month! I told her well you really only have to go twice a year. She says yea but it's free so I'm gonna do it. I told her it's not "free", that with insurance which costs money, you get 2 "free" cleanings a year.

2 comments:
Hey April...got your note on my blog! We'd love to see you! I'll talk to Ben about it! We need to see G&G too, so maybe we'll come up to Winslow!
Dang it! I have totally, unplanned, taken a hiatus from blogging. I have just been so busy I haven't even checked it. I wish I would have checked it earlier! I would have LOVED to have seen you!! Dang it!! I am so mad that you are leaving today and i didn't get to visit with you! DANG IT! HOpe you had a wonderful Winslow visit!
Post a Comment