Monday, January 19, 2009

Just pour it in the sink?!?!




What? Are you kidding me? Some people have absolutely NO common sense.....and I'm not talking about my son!


Ty was working Saturday night and I get this phone call from him about 45 min after I dropped him off. I could tell something was wrong, he was a little freaked out but he was so upset & talking so fast I could hardly understand him. After calling his dad and having him call and talk to Ty we finally figured it out. What happened was a customer apparently left a container of some kind (full of gas) sitting out by the pumps. Ty was out filling the window washer fluid and emptying the trash cans when he came across it, not sure what to do with it , he went in and asked the girl who was working the cash register what to do. She told him just go in the back and pour it down the sink. HELLO?? Are you nuts lady?

this pic is of Ty wearing his work shirt, he was being sarcastic about letting me take a pic of him in it.

Ty is 15 and yes he is still a bit naive so he did it, he took it in the back and poured it down the sink. Well the hot water heater sits right next to the sink and the fumes drifted down to the pilot light and ignited the gas. It singed Ty's hair and scared him half to death. I am very grateful that this was all that happened. I can only imagine how much worse this could have been. It really upsets me that there are people in this world who just don't have clue! I guess the girl never showed up for work the next day....hmmm, was it guilt? When I make a mistake I try to admit it!

No comments: