Sunday, July 20, 2008

Will this day ever end??

I have had such a long day... seriously. I had to work today which is no big deal, we alternate weekends at work and so I only end up working like once every 6 week block and only one day of the weekend not both. Anyhow so I am scheduled to work a 10 hour shift today and finished up with my last patient a little after 2 so I figured I would go pick Kaden up from mom & Joe's house and go home to work on my paperwork. I have to make myself available till the end of my "shift" in case something comes up( I get paid for it), no biggie & I'm on backup call tonite till 8am. Still no biggie, in the year & 3 months I have been working for Hospice I have been on backup call at least 3 nites a month & have only actually been called out maybe 4 or 5 times as well as out of all the weekends I have worked have been fairly quiet and once I have finished my day ... nothing. So I figure today will be like all the other times, well I was totally wrong!! I got to moms and just got the carseat in the car & buckled Kaden in, I'm saying my goodbyes and well my phone rings. After I hung up I told mom I got called out. This was just before 3 and by the time I finished and got back to mom's it is almost 6. Well they decided to BBQ and asked if I wanted to stay & eat dinner, I just wanted to get home so mom sent some food with us, shoulda stayed cuz we get to the house , I'm unbuckling Kaden and guess what?... I get called out again!! I told the nurse to give me a few, I gotta feed Kaden and get him back across town to my moms and I'm feeling kinda hungry by this time too. We hurry up and eat & I drive back over, Kaden is crying, he doesn't want me to leave so I told him if I get done early enough I would take him to get an ice cream on the way home. So anyhow by the time I get done with this job and back to moms It's well after 9, I've gotta pounding headache (not a migraine, thank goodness) and Kaden says to me as soon as I walk in"lets go get ice cream now". So we rushed out the door & plan to stop at DQ, getting ready to turn into the parking lot and all of a sudden there are flashing lights behind me. You've got to be kidding me!!!AAAGGHH!!! Well the cop was nice, just pullin me over to inform me that I've gotta headlight out. Still not the way I want to end my day, but hey at least I wasn't doing anything illegal,LOL!! Oh and you better believe after all of this I marched my butt right into the DQ and got an ice cream. Now that is the way to end a forever long day!! It is now 10:30 & I am still on call for 9 !/2 more hrs. I so love my job but I am really hoping that I don't get called out again tonite:)

No comments: