Friday, October 3, 2008

Hailey's Birthday party



We had Hailey's birthday party tonight. Of course we had chicken enchiladas, seems like that's all everyone wants for their birthday dinners. They are so YUMMY so I don't mind making them!! We had my mom, Holly & her kids, Mike & his family & our friends Darnell & Jaime over. My dad & Barb didn't make it cuz they are both not feeling well so it is better that they stayed away. David didn't make it home until about 10:30 so he missed out on all of the company but there was some dinner& dessert leftover for him.



I made two cakes for her. The first one is my secret recipe chocolate cake. I wrote an H and just some little flowers on it.
The second one is a strawberry cake I baked in the shape of a flower. I also made homeade rocky road ice cream since it was such a hit at David's birthday party. Didn't take any pics of that sinceI took some of the last batch!
Just to show how sweet and lovable Hailey is to people, Jaime & Darnell gave Hailey a gift and when she was done opening it she went & gave them each a hug. The pic below is my attempt at getting a pic of her hugging Darnell but my camera is extremely slooooww and what i got was her walking away after the hug. It's still a cute pic of her with a big smile on!
On the 17th we will be having her sleepover, I w ill post about that as well!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Hailey! Wow! The kids are getting old and so are we! Love the cake. Your flower cake looks so good. I tried to decorate a cake using frosting and tips and stuff for Kaylee's 4th birthday and it was HIDEOUS! Yours looks GORGEOUS! Great job!