Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birthday Dinner



This post is all about food...Davids birthday was saturday night but since he was working and we were already having Keanans party we decided to wait till one night this week to do something. Weren't real sure what we were going to do, I knew what I would most likely be cooking.... Chicken Enchiladas...one of Davids favs but also because of Davids friend, Darnell. Last year we had some of our friends & family over for dinner....probably for someones birthday or something,
anyhow I had made chicken enchiladas, Darnell & his wife & son came over. Well just about every time I have talked to Darnell since then he has asked me when I'm gonna make them again.I figured why not make em for Davids birthday, so Monday I called David while he was working & he happened to be with Darnell at the time so I told him to invite Darnell over on Tuesday & I would make dinner. Darnell was going to be working in Wyoming on Tuesday so I said lets just do it on Wednesday. Well Darnell ended up going to Wyoming on Wednesday rather than Tuesday :( Jaime & Darius (his wife & son) came over & I sent a plate of food home for Darnell.

I made 2 pans....

which is a good thing cuz they went fast.Thank goodness Holly made beans &
brought them, mmmm(wish she would have brought some rice too). She makes
really good rice but I will take whatever she is willing to give!!
I made some homemade "lemon cheese bars", David is not big on cake
so I always make a different dessert for him....below is the entire pan
and cut up into bars
This was the first time I ever made these and they were very YUMMY!!
If I make them again I will add more lemon juice & lemon zest
than what the recipe calls for.
I also made homemade Rocky Road ice cream.....HOLY TOLEDO!!
Man was it good! I think this was THE best ice cream I have ever made. I used a new recipe I came across & it turned out so
rich & creamy & CHOCOLATY:) I will definitely be making this one
again. But it will have to be after I lose the 5 pounds I gained from
eating a bowl of it last night,LOL!! I also am going to be in the market for a new ice cream maker, I think mine is on its last leg, I can still make ice cream but the little clips on the motor that hook into the tub broke off so when I start it up, every few minutes I have to move the motor over. With the churning and the vibration it keeps scooching away!!
So all in all we had a nice night. Holly and her kids came over as did my dad. Barbie my stepmom is at a work convention in Las Vegas this week so I've been taking care of dad, making sure he is eating something other than McDonalds or Taco Bell. In fact we had him over Tuesday night for some delicious "french dip sandwiches". My mom & Joe were gonna come for enchiladas but Joe had a long day at work & he was gonna have to work early today so they stayed home.... their loss.

1 comment:

JENNY said...

Yes it must be in the last name. So I was thinking my birthday is coming soon and that food looked really good. What do you charge for delivery j/k. Thanks for the e-mail it was good to hear about everybody. Talk to you soon.