I am off every Friday!! It has been this way for my last 3 jobs and almost 5 years. It's just easier this way as far as getting the kids to & from school. All the other days of the week are covered in different ways. Also for the past several years Holly & I have "swapped" babysitting. She keeps Kaden on Mondays & I generally keep Elle on Fridays, well she just recently started keeping Kaden again on Mondays & I will soon (I think) start having Elle again on Fridays.
Anyhow today is the first day this week that I was able to go meet Hailey's teacher. I thought that back to school night was NEXT Thursday, turns out it was last night & I didn't find out about it until we were going through our bedtime routine with the kids last night. Hailey was getting her stuff gathered up for the day & asked me to sign her homework paper & written on it for Thursday was "Back to School Night, Tonight"!! I was a little frustrated that Hailey hadn't mentioned it. She told me she didn't think we would have time to go because I was working and when I got home she was out playing. I explained to her that she needs to let me know about these sort of things ahead of time so we can plan for them. I guess it's not a big deal but it is a little disappointing that we weren't able to go. So I met MRS. Hebert today, this is her 3rd year of teaching. It's funny because the school Hailey goes to is new, it opened in the fall of 2005. So Hailey attended 1st, 2nd & now 3rd grade there. All 3 of her teachers started their first year of teaching when the school opened. The first 2 were WONDERFUL & I think MRS. Hebert is going to be as well.
Something I like to do every year is try to eat lunch with each of the kids at least once a month throughout the school year. Since Ty started middle school and is now in his 2nd year of high school, I haven't actually"physically" gone to eat with him, usually with TY it is either David or myself, depending on what day of the week it is, taking food (usually TY's fav BK) to him. We don't stay and eat with or visit with or talk to him....that is just SO not cool to do. It's kind of a drop-n-run thing,LOL. Silly teenagers, they act they are embarrassed by their parents. If they only knew how COOL we were back in the day!! Oh well at least I still have a few more years with Hailey and Kaden to look forward to before they deem us UNCOOL!! So Kaden & I took Mc Donalds to Hailey& sat & ate with her & some of her friends. Then we walked her to the music room when class was ready to begin.
Here is Hailey & Kaden
Hailey,Kaden & Taylor

No comments:
Post a Comment