Sunday, August 24, 2008

When life gives you lemons....




you make lemonade, right? Well when life gives me bananas and they are REALLY ripe, like going bad kind of ripe, I don't toss them. I make BANANA BREAD!!! I buy a lot of bananas, they are one of my favorite fruits and my kids, although never at the same time, all go through phases where they each love bananas. So usually I can't keep enough in the house, it was a different story last week however. For some reason the bunch of bananas that I bought the sunday before didn't all get eaten and so today when I noticed the "bad" batch of em sitting on the counter I thought I would use them rather than waste them.

Now the pic above is not of my "bad" bananas....they looked pretty gruesome so I didn't bother taking a pic, I thought the fresh pretty ones looked nicer:)


And here is one of the"whole" loaves I made ....


Here is just a slice with some butter on it...YUMMY!! It is especially good when it is warm and the butter melts into it.

I used my mom's good old handy banana bread recipe, it is the best I ever tried!! For those of you who know my mom and have ever tried any of her homemade cooking, you know what I'm talking bout!!

No comments: