Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Buck Tag

Well after standing in line for an hour & a half this morning, David got a Buck tag!! It is for mid October & the area is over by Rifle so he is super excited. I'm happy for him & I hope he gets one when he goes out. This is the first year since we have been together that he is going hunting. We just haven't had the time or the funds before & this is all he has talked about for the last couple of months. It has been several years since the last time he went & Michael & his family will be moved down here & settled in by then so Michael is planning to go with David. He is glad that his brother will be going with him. The plan was for David to go with his boss but he isn't sure if his boss is still planning on it or not. So this way at least he will have someone with him.

We are having a bit of a disagreement about one thing though..... I absolutely do NOT want the meat "butchered" at my house. I am very adamant about this, the thought of having a dead carcass hanging in my garage sickens me. I told David if he wants to take it somewhere & have it processed that is fine but he would rather do it himself so he can have the cuts of meat that he wants. I understand that but I still don't want it to be done anywhere near my home . YUCK!! So hopefully he can figure out somewhere to do this & I know he loves me enough to respect my wishes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is funny! you should have him talk to ben & Lance. They are going out soon and gettng a buffalo and butchering it at Ben's house-I think. Lucky you! I don't blame you for not wanting that around!!

The Browns said...

Yeah, we're getting a buffalo, HOWEVER...we will not be butchering it at our house! I feel the same way that you do about having dead carcasses hanging around! EW! So not happening! They'll be butchering it somewhere else. Cute blog, by the way!

-Heidi-

Unknown said...

hey- how do you remove comments? I wanted to remove one on my blog and couldn't figure it out.