Saturday, August 30, 2008
My weekend AND holiday to work
I am working this entire weekend!! By choice though. Our holiday schedule is similar to our weekend schedule....we rotate! I like it this way cuz at least I know I won't be stuck working ALL of the major holidays every year. Last year I was scheduled to work on Christmas day, I got to the office & found out that there were only 4 patients to visit so the other CNA (Cathy) who was scheduled to work that day & myself each took 2. Well before I even called mine to set up visit times, Cathy came over to my desk and informed me that both of hers cancelled & she was willing to go see mine. How sweet, turns out she doesn't celebrate Christmas and she knew that I did, so she told me to go home and enjoy the day with my family! Well for 2008 my holiday to work was 4th of July, David & I had planned to go visit his oldest sister that week so one of the other CNA's (Donna) I work with was willing to trade me so now I am working on Labor day. I can handle that!! The reason I am working the entire weekend is because with the 6 week schedule we are on now, our supervisors have decided to try something different. Rather than the supervisors do the whole schedule, attempting to make everyone happy & assure that back-up call shifts & weekends are equally rotated, they let us (by group) each go in and pick the weekend we want to work as well as the back-up call shifts we want to pick up. The team I am on got to go 1st this time around so knowing that I am already scheduled to work monday I figured I would be kind to my fellow CNA"s. I took the oncall shift for today(8am-5pm) & tonight(5pm-8am tomorrow morn) and choose tomorrow (sunday) for my "weekend" day to work. I personally would rather do it this way anyhow, otherwise like in the past, for 6weeks these extra shifts would be spread out and I would end up with 3 different weekends that I would have to devote a part of my weekend to work. No thank you, I don't care for that very much. Even though I LOVE my job, I also LOVE my time off to spend with my family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment