Here is a pic of Jeffry in the pond.... the water is so nasty!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
May he rest in peace.....
This is sort of a silly post. We have a pond in our backyard, it was there when we bought our house and last summer we decided we really didn't want to fill it because Kaden was only 2 & he loves to be outside, it just seemed a little dangerous. Our plan was to completely empty & clean it, fill it with sand so the kids would have a sandbox and make some kind of cover to keep over it. Well that never happened last year for one reason or other. So we get to spring/summer time this year. Kaden is another year older and seems to have stayed away form the pond all this time so maybe we should go ahead & keep it....maybe. The Aspen trees we have in the backyard are very obnoxiuos and they seem to multiply faster than bunnies and their roots have grown UNDER the pond and have begun to "push"the plastic basin up. So once again we have decided we will not be keeping the pond. Next spring we hope to have the money to remove the pond and the "waterfall" (did I mention we also have a a pile of rocks with a pump that makes a "waterfall"?) and hopefully by then we will also have some idea of what we would like to do with this space. I personally would like to remove ALL of the aspen trees form the yard as well but we will just have to see what happens. So to get to the point of this posting..... Ty, Hailey & my "adopted" daughter Paige(you will soon be reading a post about her) decided to go to the pet store a few weeks ago & bought some fish and a crab to put in the pond. We had not cleaned or filled the pond this year so it is pretty gross but the kids insisted on doing it. I think most of the fish are gone now & they named the crab Jeffery, well yesterday his claws fell off, the kids asked if they would grow back & after googling it we found out that they may very well grow back, we would just have to wait & see. A short time after reading this information, Jeffry passed away.
Here is a pic of Jeffry in the pond.... the water is so nasty!!
And the kids decided they would have a burial for the poor little guy, they even made a tombstone for him. The whole thing was just weird to me, I don't mean the burial I mean them wanting to put a crab & fish in a dirty, disgusting pond& then wondering why all of their "creatures" are dying....HMMM I don't know. I know,I know..... fish & crabs often live in these types of environments but, these particular ones were bought at a pet store & I'm sure were raised in "clean" water.
Here is a pic of Jeffry in the pond.... the water is so nasty!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is well...hilarious, but sad of course. I wonder if you crab needed to be in saltwater? I almost killed a starfish in mexico because I put him in fresh water. Yikes! Livy thought he was "sleeping" thank goodness:)
Wow! that pond looks pretty BIG!
Post a Comment