Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Daniel

OK, so David's brother Daniel left for Georgia today. Out of all of Davids siblings he is closest to Daniel. They are the 2 youngest of 6 children & are only 2years apart. They "grew up" together and they just have so much in common. Well Daniel is joining the ARMY and will be going through basic training in Ft. Benning, GA. This is something he has wanted to do for a long time & I am so happy for him that he is finally getting the opportunity. It has been a rough road for him to even get into the ARMY & he has meet a few "roadblocks" as far as family support which I think is really sad. He does however have complete & total support from David & I, we are sad that he is going to be so far away & the possibility that he may end up overseas fighting in the war is frightening, but as I said it is what he wants. Daniel is married to Courtney (who is also supportive) and they have a 2yr old named son Wyatt. I also feel bad for them that they will be apart for so long, but as long as they keep in as much contact as possible & Courtney talks to Wyatt about his daddy everyday & tells him what a courageous thing he is doing for our country I think they will be alright. We have told Courtney multiple times that we are here for her if she needs anything. We are going to be encouraging Daniel every step of the way & will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.



This first pic is from the beginning of the summer when Daniel & Wyatt came to visit us. We had such a nice time & I am glad that David & Daniel got to spend almost 2 weeks together especially now that Daniel is gone. (from left-right...David, Kaden Wyatt,Daniel)
Here is Daniel & Wyatt
And this is one that Daniel emailed a couple of weeks ago of him & Courtney, he said he had just shaved all the hair off his face, it was funny because a few days before this David had shaved all the hair off his face too!! Daniel & Courtney had wanted to get a family portrait before he left but they ran out of time. Maybe when he graduates from basic they can get one done.

We are happy, excited, proud, sad & scared....so many feelings but we know you can do this Daniel & we love you!!

No comments: