School starts here for the kids next monday, the 18th. We have bee buying school clothes & stuff here & there & Ty & Haileys dad took them shopping last weekend. Well yesterday I took them out to the mall & met my mom there so we could get a few things, including shoes. I was really hoping that we could go out there, get what we needed & be done in 2 or 3 hours..... HAHA, we ended up being gone for most of the day. I have to say that Hailey is extremely picky & totally indecisive, she was a big part of why it took so long.I am really dreading the "teenage" years with her, LOL!!
David ended up picking Ty up a little after we were half way through, I guess he had enough of the shopping business & of course they decided to go shooting. So when Hailey, Kaden & I got home they had to delve into all the goodies they picked out. Me being the mom that I am had to take some pics.
My mom grabbed this deal of a summer dress (on clearance) for Hailey

Even thought it won't be chilly for at least another month Hailey had to get a hoodie, she wanted a white one with different colored stars & hearts on it but my vision of it shortly after she begins to wear it would be a "dingy" off white looking jacket. So I told her if she "just had to have one" right now that she could pick out a different color. The pic below is a pretty pink with stars all over hoodie that she ended up getting. Mean mom, huh?

Hailey being the unique fashion displaying girl that she is decided she didn't want a traditional backpack this year. She didn't even want a "book bag". No she chose a giant bag in the purse section, it is rather cute & after looking over it carefully to be sure it would hold everything she has to take to & from school with her, I let her get it. Besides it was also on clearance, for $5, can't beat that!! I am all for getting a good deal, I'm kinda cheap that way!!

Now for the story of Hailey's shoes, oh she about drove me nuts!! We went to several places looking at shoes, the first place we went we had her feet measured so we knew for sure what size she would need. Well she tried on several pair & couldn't decide on anything UNTIL she found a pair that cost more than I was willing to pay for an 8yr old little girl. I know there are some parents out there who buy whatever clothes & shoes their kids want regardless of the price but being a family of 5 we live on a budget. Now as children get older I don't mind spending more to get a better quality as long as that child is responsible & respectful of their things. Hailey just isn't there yet and I have a feeling her feet will outgrow the shoes that she did get in the next month or 2. I like to try to think & plan ahead for these things. I explained this to her & she seemed to understand & after looking a bit more she found a pair that are super cute & affordable.
So these below are the ones she got & she absolutely loves them, we still need to find a pair of dress shoes.

Poor girl she wears a size 61/2 in WOMENS!!! I feel so bad, she is afraid the other kids are going to make fun of how big her feet are. I told her she can tell them at least she has a big brain to go with em!

Kaden won't be starting school anytime soon, we hope to start him in preschool next year. But I came across some clearance summer clothes & grabbed 4 pair of shorts, 3 shirts, one outfit of shorts/shirt & a jacket for about $12. Is just now starting to wear a 4T & so I know these clothes will most likely fit him next spring & part of the summer. He had to model his "Wall-E" outfit.

And this is the little jacket, I absolutely love the stripes!!

He is such a turkey, as soon as we walked he the door he got into the bag that contained his "loot", tore off all of the tags & threw them into a pile before he started trying stuff on

when he was satisfied that everything fit, he began stuffing it all back into the bag!!

later Kaden put on a pair of shorts & a shirt, not meant to go together & pulled the shorts up high...Hello Steve Erkel!!

Ty is so easy & he also has his own style, right now he is into band t shirts & jeans. Pretty simple & all summer since he has been working, almost every week when he gets paid he goes out & buys a new t shirt. So he has a closet full of t shirts & jeans
This is one of the shirts I bought.... it's so funny that he is into a lot of the music I listened to in high school, lol!!

here is a pic of the shoes he picked out, i let him get the pricier ones but they tend to last him a lot longer.

Ty is actually smiling a genuine smile here.....very rare

and below, I was just trying to get a pic of one of the other shirts he picked out, now this smile is kinda fake. This shirt has a "fender" guitar on it... Ty is into guitars & I would love to get him some lessons someday.
1 comment:
don't you love the school shopping thing. I think it is fun, but man! Uniforms are looking better and better. Less to worry about and cheaper- for sure!
Post a Comment